Based on Direct / Indirect observation, Psychometrics, and a poll from the thousands of emails I receive from my readers, “bae” searchers and prospective clients ; it seems like Love in our Generation comes with a price. Do you agree?
Most men today are looking for the following :
- A Lady with an above decent paying Job ( at least 200 -250k)
- A lady with a foreign passport ( Born in the US or UK 🇬🇧🇺🇸) .
- A lady who has MBA or Msc. Bsc almost doesn’t count anymore.
- A lady who has a car, some guys don’t want to pay for uber and taxi fair anymore.
- A lady who has her own place and doesn’t cramp his own personal space.
- A lady whose parents have strong connections in Politics or Corporate world.
- A lady who contributes money to every date, outing, bills payment etc .
Abraham Maslow, a renowned Psychologist in his hierarchy of needs theory stated that without Physiology we can not reach the love and belonging stage. I.e without ( food, water, basic needs) we can’t love appropriately. Has Maslow’s theory affected us as Nigerians as a result of the bad economy.
A lot of Nigerian men today are gradually moving towards ladies who have something to bring to the table. You hear things like. ” omo that babe dey drive benz she be wife material o”, ” when I combine my income with the oil & gas babes own my empire go complete”.
This being said, the economy is always going to be a strong factor in our lives but let’s try find love amidst these hardships. You can be rich today and be poor tomorrow I.e the economy is a variable but when Love is built on a strong foundation it will be a constant.
It is really sad that income, area you life, family connects, color of your passport now takes front row seats over Personality attributes and traits.
DO YOU AGREE?